Environmental management system
Key target of NLMK Ural's environmental policy is to run an efficient production process with a minimal environmental impact. NLMK Group’s Environmental policy is seen as a long-term declaration guiding the Company’s efforts to ensure the environmental safety of its operations in the regions where the Company has a presence.
Objectives of the policy are as follows:
- Ensure environmental efficiency of production processes;
- Compliance with the best global practices concerning effects on the environment and resource management;
- Industry leadership in terms of specific environmental effect values.
Principles of the policy are as follows:
- Environmentally responsible approach to plant and equipment operation, upgrades, renovation and construction;
- Compliance with Russian and international environmental regulations and requirements;
- Mitigation of environmental risks;
- Transparency and availability of information related to NLMK Group's environmental activities.
In 2015, NLMK Ural completed the development of its Environmental Management System. The Company received the certificates proving the compliance of its Environmental Management System with ISO 14001:2004 valid until 2018.
In 2016, NLMK Ural completed its project to reduce the environmental impact on estimated sanitary protection zone.